BARBARA D’ANGELO MÅNSSON - Svezia
Sulla sua Arte
La sua Biografia
Barbara born and raised in Italy where she moved her first steps within the art world engaging mainly in drawing, with charcoal, ink, and chalk, as well as photography utilizing both an old Polaroid and a LoMo camera.
In 2011 Barbara moved to Sweden to continue her career as a scientist at Göteborg University. She got fascinated by the nordic artistic landscape and became painting mainly abstract subjects
In 2015, Barbara moved to the United States having obtained an Assistant Professor position at Temple University in Philadelphia. During her time in the United States, Barbara discovered the super American art scene of modern times and continued her artistic journey through painting with the intention of capturing on canvas her perception of life overseas.
Returning to Sweden she continued to paint experimenting new techniques and materials.
Experimenting has always been a side of Barbara’s being. This is a trait that she has inherited from her professional life as a scientist.
The fine art provides her with a variety of techniques , colour palettes and media that combined in different ways helps Barbara to express herself beyond the common language . Each art piece in her collection is representative of the inner perception and her relationship with the surrounding. The media and technique are tools for giving a shape to feeling and thoughts
Barbara D'Angelo Månsson
1) Artexperience 2024, may 03-05, bmw experience center in Kongens Lyngby, Copenhagen, dk.
2) Premio Artista d’Europa 2023, 2023-12-14 - 2023-12-14 ,Palazzo Emilio
Turati, Brera, Milan, italy
3) a Window on International Contemporary Art, the Mega Art Gallery, Spazio Tolomeo, Milan, italy, 08-17 nov 2023
4) interaction exhibition, 2023-10-20 - 2023-10-29, the Holy Art Gallery, London, UK
5) Monorama Virtual Exhibition, 2023-09-28 - 2023-10-28, the Holy Art Gallery, London, UK
•6 ) Premio Internazionale d'Arte Contemporanea 2023-09-18 - 2023-10-17, Captaloona Art Gallery, Madrid, Spain